Tap, tap. Is this thing still on? I swear my laptop has a thin layer of dust on it from not blogging in what's considered "forever" in blogland. Perhaps I should dust my house more often? Or, I could just catch you all up with a post full of randomness instead.
Besides, who actually wants to dust? ;)
1. So, remember our four year anniversary post? Well, that night we tried to celebrate by trying a new to us restaurant, Circa 1800. We had a whole fun night planned out for us - we got dressed up, I rocked my favorite chevron leggings, and we even hired a new and awesome sitter off SitterCity.
BUT. The food that we actually managed to choke down was absolutely delicious. And it was the first restaurant I've ever been to where they served bruschetta instead of giving out plain ol' bread before the meal. If you're in the Fayetteville area, I highly recommend you check Circa 1800 out. I'd definitely love to go back, but only if we're in a better mood of course.
2. Another thing I haven't blogged about recently is how I rang in the new year. Leave it to me to blog about something that happened forever ago but hey, at least I'm getting it done.
Since champagne was out of the question this year, I decided to kick off 2013 by going to a warm flow glow yoga class at Hot Asana. We arrived to the studio pretty early and started our night with our drink of choice, pomegranate green tea, while we helped the staff prepare glow sticks for the class.
We then went through a series of intermediate to advanced poses to pumping music, in 115 DEGREE HEAT, under a black light, with glowing balloons, and while wearing glowsticks. It was SO much fun!
But did I mention the 115 degree heat? Yeah, it was ridiculous! We weren't expecting it to be bikram hot, otherwise I would have worn less clothes or probably would not have gone. I've tried and loved bikram yoga before, but being pregnant I wanted to make sure I didn't do anything stupid. I made sure to leave the room often and drown myself in water throughout the class.
In spite of the heat, it ended up being one of the best "girls night" and new years I've had in awhile.
3. Speaking of things I have yet to blog about, I still have so many more adventures in Korea that I want to share. I mean, we freaking visited the North Korean border! It was one of the most interesting things I've experienced in in my life and I still haven't written about it. What is wrong with me!?
4. These brown butter vanilla pancakes will rock your world. They're incredibly fluffy, yet moist, and the flavor is just plain...bangin'.
And they're even better if you serve them for dinner ;) I'll be sharing the recipe soon, just remember that "soon" is a relative term here, haha. I have a few other recipes I'd like to share first. I know, I'm a big tease.
5. These two are my freaking life.
And I will never, EVER, get tired of seeing the two together.
6. HIP PAIN. OH MY WORD, my hips! I don't know what it is about this pregnancy but my hips hate me right now. I didn't have any problems like this while pregnant with Caleb but with this one, I feel like I've aged 50 years, all in my hips. It hurts to sleep on my side, it kills me when I try to take long strides in runs, it hurts to walk up hills...I could go on. I've done everything to try to relieve the pain, but nothing is working. Not even all of my favorite hip opening poses in yoga. Nuttin'. Nada. I'm doomed to deal with this throughout the rest of this pregnancy.
Someone help me.
7. Speaking of pregnancy, we find out what we're having the end of this month! I can't wait! However, the hunk is away at a school for the Army, so he'll be missing my appointment. Anyone care to share cute gender reveal ideas for the husband? I really want to make it special this year since it's our last baby and because I didn't do anything when we found out we were having Caleb. Help?
*edited to add* Just to clarify, the hubs is just at a school right on post. So no need to ship anything or skype haha. I appreciate all of your wonderful suggestions though!
8. We had a yard sale today. No one came. I didn't sell a single thing. And we had lots of baby goodies too. Huge fail. Major sad trombone. Boo.
Which means I'm off to donate everything at Goodwill now.
No seriously, that's where I'm headed. Plus, I'm sure this is enough randomness for one post. I'll catch you fools mañana with a recipe ;)